Green Toilet 120 Family composting toilet
Green Toilet 120 Family is a waterless, odorless composting toilet, which is easy to use and service. It is an excellent choice for a holiday home and it can easily be installed to old outhouse as well.
- efficient composting ability
- serviced in minutes, no shoveling
- endless capacity with spare containers
- handy size, easy to move with wheels and sturdy handles
- durable and reliable in use
- no need for special instructions for users
Green Toilet is an ecological composting dry toilet designed and manufactured in Finland. Green Toilet operates with any water or electricity and is therefore an ideal solution anywhere where there is no drainage or water available.
Inside the Green Toilet container, there is a special double base, which separates the urine from the solid waste making the toilet completely odorless and pleasant to use. The special capillary bottom allows some of the urine to be absorbed back to the composting solid waste, just like in underwatering flowerpots. This unique feature of the Green Toilet speeds up the composting process significantly. Efficient composting requires suitable moisture: the mass inside the container should not be too wet or too dry.
The excess liquid, ie. the seap liquid is led through a hose from the bottom of the container to a canister. Alternatively, the seap liquid can be filtered with a GeoTrap Dry Toilet Filter.
The use and the service of the Green Toilet is based on batch composting: when the composting container in use gets full, it is pulled out of the toilet by wheels and a spare container is taken into use. The full container is closed with a lid and it is left to decompose until the next service. Thus, one does not have to shovel or handle raw toilet waste in any way.
The third important feature is the ventilation pipe, which ensures that the air flows from the toilet seat and composting container outwards and no unpleasant odor is let into toilet in any circumstances. The ventilation also boosts the evaporation of liquid – especially at warm weather.
- composting container 120 liters
- ventilation kit: ventilation pipe 100 cm 2 pcs, a flexible pipe 50 cm, a ventilation pipe cap, a joint and fixtures
- liquid hose 150 cm (also longer hose available – contact us)
- liquid canister 20 liters
- lid of the container and an adjustable waste shaft 30 cm
- bag of dry material
- thermal seat with a hardboard and fixtures
- manual for installation and use
When the Green Toilet container gets full and it is time for service, the flexible part of the ventilation pipe and the liquid hose are taken off. No tools are needed for this. After this, the container is pulled out with wheels.
If there is a Green Toilet spare container available, the bottom of the empty container is covered with dry material. The lid with the waste shaft is put on the empty container and put back to the toilet. The full container is covered with a closed lid and left to decompose until it is time for the next service.
COMMON USE CASES
Green Toilet is excellent for family use in holiday homes and cottages both indoors and in traditional outhouses. In seasonal use, Green Toilet 120 serves 4-6 people and usually one spare container is enough. Spare containers can be acquired separately according to the need. Thus, Green Toilet 120 can serve also in continuous use in permanent houses.
OPTIONS AND ACCESSORIES
- Green Toilet 330 is the larger version, which is suitable when there are more users, to public sites or whenever long service intervals are important
- Green Toilet LUX is a composting dry toilet with a porcelain pedestal for indoor use
- Green Toilet 120 Family spare container
- Wind fan to boost the ventilation
- Electrical duct fan