GeoTrap Grey Water Filter Unit
GeoTrap Filter Unit is an efficient and reliable system for purifying all grey water (from eg. kitchen, shower, sauna). The purifier utilizes a natural silicate mineral mass, GeoTrap, in capturing nutrients (e.g. phosphorus, ammonium) from the wastewater. GeoTrap has proven to have excellent results in purifying wastewater in both at holiday homes and permanent houses.
- durable, simple structure
- easy installation and service
- excellent ability to absorb nutrients
GeoTrap Grey Water Filter Unit is suitable for cleaning the waste water in both holiday and permanent homes simply and efficiently. The capacity of the GeoTrap Grey Water Filter Unit is 600 l / day and it is therefore suitable to be used in households where there is appliances, like a dishwasher, in use.
GeoTrap is a tested product which applies with the standards for grey water purification.
- simple, compact process
- low maintenance and operation costs
- low energy costs
- the process is less dependent on temperature than biological purifiers
- no need for pH-regulation
- also the urine from the urine diverting toilet can be led to the filter
- purifying results proven in various tests
- after use, GeoTrap mass can be composted
GeoTrapGrey Water Filter Unit has two phases in the filtration. Firstly, the waste water is led to the first well, which separates grease and other solid material (eg. from kitchen). After that, the pre-filtered water goes to the GreoTrap purifier, where the water reacts with the GeoTrap nutrient trap mass. The nutrients of the grey water are absorbed to the mass and they will not dissolve to water anymore.
The purified waste water can be let out to the ground, preferably as far as possible from any lake, sea, pond, well or any other water body.
GeoTrap can be installed totally on the ground or buried in to the soil so that only the lid is visible. If there is need for the grey water filter during the winter, it should be insulated or/and equipped with a frost guard cable.
- GeoTrap grease separating well, lid, gaskets (2 pcs), joints (2 pcs)
- GeoTrap grey water purifier, lid, gaskets (2 pcs), joints (2 pcs)
- GeoTrap purifier mass A+B, 2 bags
- ladle for emptying
- gauze for the grease separating well
- manual for installation and use
All waste water purifiers need regular maintenance to work as planned. Usually, GeoTrap Filter Unit should be serviced once a year. Replace the filtering mass with new ones and clean the grease and other waste from the grease separating well. If there is a lot of waste water from the kitchen, it may be necessary to clean the grease separating well more often.
In the package, there is a package of gauze fabric included. It can be placed on the inner walls of the grease separating well to make the cleaning easier. All the grease together with the gauze can be put to compost.
In seasonal use, like in holiday homes, it is recommended to change the GeoTrap filtering mass once a year. Using the ladle, the old mass is removed from the filter eg. to a wheelbarrow and taken to compost.
After these steps, a new gauze fabric is put to the grease well and new GeoTrap masses are poured into the filter.
Typically, GeoTrap Filter Unit is used in holiday homes and permanent homes which are well-equipped, with dish washers, washing machines etc. Thus, significant amount of waste water is produced and the smallest capacity purifiers will not meet the standards.
Please note, that the requirements for the waste water treatment vary – contact your local authorities to find about the standards that apply to your home.
OPTIONS AND ACCESSORIES
- For sites where there is more waste water to purify, eg. in all-year use in permanent homes, the filter bodies can be produced higher, eg. 80-120 cm to add capacity – contact us!
- The filters can also be ordered without pre-bored holes. That usually helps installation to existing drain pipe lines – contact us!
- One phase filtration with just the GeoTrap filter, without the grease separating part, can be used for smaller households, in limited seasonal use or when there is no appliances in use.
- Extension for Geo Trap is needed when the filters are dug into the ground lower than the height of the filters, eg. to meet the existing drain pipes.
- GeoTrap pump well, when there is a need to lead the waste water further away from eg. coastline.
- self-adjusting frost protection cable to be used in winter in to prevent the filter from freezing. Please note that freezing of the filter body and the contents in itself is not a problem. However, GeoTrap filtering mass will not work well enough in below zero temperatures. Thus, in winter use, insulation and cable are needed to keep the temperature above zero.
|height||diameter||weight (without masses)|
|GeoTrap Grey Water Purifier||50 cm||70 (+ base collar 2 cm)||25 kg|
|GeoTrap Grease separating well||60 cm||70 (+ base collar 2 cm)||26 kg|